Meet Mesker Zoo's newest baby delight, a rare macaw | Public Spaces
You can finally meet Mesker Park Zoo's newest baby chick macaw. It hatched in May, but stayed inside it's barrel nesting box and just came out. (That's why it's so big!)
These beautiful blue macaws are a rare breed actual called Hyacinth macaws.
This is the second chick hatched by this pair of parents at Mesker Park Zoo.
Hyacinth macaws are the largest member of the macaw family and are considered an endangerd species. In the wild they can be found in the rain forests of Central South America but you can see them at the zoo's Discovery Center.
Top East Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Posey Co. fertilizer plant moving forward with no opposition from state
- Friday Workshop will aid melon growers
- Storms move out; heat pushing in
- 'Letters from a Hoosier Pilot': Wadesville man's story planned for Evansville Museum
- Pence says Posey Co officials can continue efforts to build fertilizer plant