Man reportedly tries to sneak woman's body out of Evansville hotel | News
EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE)- Evansville Police are investigating a death at the east side Hampton Inn.
They were called to the hotel on Eagle Crest Blvd. when an employee saw a man, now confirmed as her husband, pushing an unresponsive woman on a luggage cart through the hotel lobby and to a car in the parking lot.
Vanderburgh County Coroner Annie Groves was called to the scene and identified the woman as 47-year-old Robin Frank of Newburgh.
Groves confirms that Robin and Kenneth were registered guests of the hotel. They had recently had a fire in their Newburgh home and were staying at that hotel.
It's very early in the investigation. The coroner is working to determine a cause of death.
Now officers aren't saying whether her death was suspicious, but they have said that the situation itself is. The man is detained as they try to piece together what happened.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top East Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Live entertainment, food, more at Friday's farmer's market
- Indiana author and historian to host lecture at Evansville Museum
- Renovations continue to give Old Post Office a facelift
- There's interest in making iconic Greyhound building a restaurant
- Young country superstar Hunter Hayes coming to Evansville