Kids, families invited to Doctors Day at Washington Square Mall | Events
Doctors’ Day will be held on Saturday, March 2, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Washington Square Mall, Green River Rd and Washington Avenue in Evansville, Indiana. Doctors’ Day is an interactive and educational event for children of all ages.
Doctors’ Day provides a wonderful opportunity for children to experience hands-on, healthcare-related learning with hospital and physician exhibits. This great family outing attracts over 2,000 visitors and gives the public a better understanding of the ever-growing field of medicine. Children get a chance to talk with physicians and healthcare providers in a casual, relaxed setting, helping alleviate some of the fear associated with a doctor visit.
Free tote bags will be given to the first 750 participants.
Additional highlights of the event include:
- Dr. Dan Adams will dissect a cow heart at 11:00 a.m.
- The Evansville Police Department will have their K-9 Units at Doctors’ Day and will have a demonstration.
- An ambulance will be near the food court so that families can see the inside of a real, working ambulance.
- Booths on nutrition, hand-washing, sun safety and the benefits of fiber in the diet will be available.
- The IU School of Medicine will have microscopes and models of bones and brains.
- Deaconess Hospital will have doctor kits and information on healthy food choices.
- St. Mary’s is planning fun activities and giveaways for wellness and health in children and adults.
- Ohio Valley Colon and Rectal Surgeons will have a model of a colon for children to view.
- The Southwest Indiana Health Education Center (SWI-AHEC) will showcase health care career awareness.
- The Digestive Care Center will have a Gastrointestinal Jeopardy game.
All participating entities will have events and giveaways for children and adults.
The event is free of charge.
Top East Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Posey Co. fertilizer plant moving forward with no opposition from state
- Friday Workshop will aid melon growers
- Storms move out; heat pushing in
- 'Letters from a Hoosier Pilot': Wadesville man's story planned for Evansville Museum
- Pence says Posey Co officials can continue efforts to build fertilizer plant