Kids, families invited to Doctors Day at Washington Square Mall | Events
Doctors’ Day will be held on Saturday, March 2, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Washington Square Mall, Green River Rd and Washington Avenue in Evansville, Indiana. Doctors’ Day is an interactive and educational event for children of all ages.
Doctors’ Day provides a wonderful opportunity for children to experience hands-on, healthcare-related learning with hospital and physician exhibits. This great family outing attracts over 2,000 visitors and gives the public a better understanding of the ever-growing field of medicine. Children get a chance to talk with physicians and healthcare providers in a casual, relaxed setting, helping alleviate some of the fear associated with a doctor visit.
Free tote bags will be given to the first 750 participants.
Additional highlights of the event include:
- Dr. Dan Adams will dissect a cow heart at 11:00 a.m.
- The Evansville Police Department will have their K-9 Units at Doctors’ Day and will have a demonstration.
- An ambulance will be near the food court so that families can see the inside of a real, working ambulance.
- Booths on nutrition, hand-washing, sun safety and the benefits of fiber in the diet will be available.
- The IU School of Medicine will have microscopes and models of bones and brains.
- Deaconess Hospital will have doctor kits and information on healthy food choices.
- St. Mary’s is planning fun activities and giveaways for wellness and health in children and adults.
- Ohio Valley Colon and Rectal Surgeons will have a model of a colon for children to view.
- The Southwest Indiana Health Education Center (SWI-AHEC) will showcase health care career awareness.
- The Digestive Care Center will have a Gastrointestinal Jeopardy game.
All participating entities will have events and giveaways for children and adults.
The event is free of charge.