Neighborhood complaints lead to pot busts | Crime
Evansville Police have arrested three men on drug charges during a follow up on neighborhood complaints in the 7600 block of Washington Avenue.
Officers were doing extra patrols in the area due to complaints of loud music, a lot of vehicle traffic late at night, and multiple reports of cars driving off the roadway in recent nights. The officers saw a car parked facing the wrong way on Washington. There was also loud music coming from inside the car.
When the officer approached the car, he smelled the odor of marijuana coming from the passenger compartment. The three occupants were then removed from the car. During a search of the car, 43 grams of marijuana and a digital scale were found. Dariane Burrows, 22, George Kelly, 19, and Gabriel Appel, 18, have been arrested and charged with dealing marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
Top East Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Health care reform seminar hopes to answer your questions
- Police defend officer accused of beating man at Evansville event
- There's interest in making iconic Greyhound building a restaurant
- Police: Truck runs red light, hits scooter in downtown Evansville
- Over 5,000 gather for downtown Jehovah's Witness Convention